Provide Art Therapy
Art has been proven to be an effective modality of therapy for children of emotional and physical illness. The Rooted Foundation currently funds two Arts and Crafts programs: Chai Crafts (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) and Jackson Crafts (Downtown Miami, Florida).
Unlock Creative Expression
Our arts and crafts program serves the additional benefit of providing children with the tools to express themselves creatively. Almost overnight, absolute artists are born. Their newfound art-pride is our passion.
Our Big Brother Big Sister program, Chai BiGz, is another program operated out of the Fort Lauderdale, Florida office of Chai Lifeline Southeast. Our goal is to provide children with emotional support from someone they can view as a peer.
Provide Long Term Support
Some of the children that attend our events will require care over longer-periods of time. These children can benefit from having someone that takes an interest in their lives outside of a scheduled event.
We want our children to lead safe, productive lives. One of the goals of our Chai BiGz program is to provide our children with a mentor that can help them make proper decisions, socially and otherwise.
Our children are our future. If we provide opportunities for them, they will foster opportunities for generations to come. Being Rooted in our community means doing just that.
Some of our Past Events
Listed below are the events and associated activities.
- October 27, 2013 Chai Crafts: Crayon Melting Part II
- Chai Crafts 6/2013-10/2013 Summer Break
- June 9, 2013 Chai Crafts: Crayon Melt Posters
- May 19, 2013 Chai Crafts: Water Color Canvas Painting
- Apr 21, 2013 Chai Crafts: Paint Your Umbrella
- March 17, 2013 Jackson Crafts: Make-A-Door Hanger
- April 14, 2013 Chai Crafts: Wax Candle Workshop
- Jan 13, 2013 Jackson Crafts: Make-A-Bracelet
- Apr 7, 2013 Chai Crafts: Design-Your-Own Puzzle
- Nov 11, 2012 Jackson Crafts: Drawing Workshop
- January 20, 2013 Chai Crafts: Make-Your-Own Travel Mugs
- Oct 23, 2012 Jackson Crafts: Poster Painting
How to Help
Our events rely heavily on the assistance of people who are passionate about helping our community in any way possible. Our volunteers are diverse but share our common goals and have a strong affinity for children. If you or someone you know would like to help us by volunteering or join us in a different capacity, simply click here to send an email to our volunteering and events coordinator.