A word from our founder Robin Chicly
I believe that true charity is one human’s ability to improve upon the circumstance or feeling of another. Whether that is financially, physically, or spiritiually; a simple smile can entirely alter the the course of another’s day. My sisters and I started volunteering at the Jackson Children’s Hospital and we fell in love with the kids. Now that we are regulars , we help others volunteer and actively grow our programs and volunteerism.
It is my hope that my passion for Art Therapy motivates you and others like you to lend a helping hand. Find your passion for helping others and share it!
Provide Art Therapy
Art has been proven to be an effective modality of therapy for children of emotional and physical illness. The Rooted Foundation currently funds two Arts and Crafts programs: Chai Crafts (Fort Lauderdale, Florida) and Jackson Crafts (Downtown Miami, Florida).
Unlock Creative Expression
Our arts and crafts program serves the additional benefit of providing children with the tools to express themselves creatively. Almost overnight, absolute artists are born. Their newfound art-pride is our passion.
Our Big Brother Big Sister program, Chai BiGz, is another program operated out of the Fort Lauderdale, Florida office of Chai Lifeline Southeast. Our goal is to provide children with emotional support from someone they can view as a peer.
Provide Long Term Support
Some of the children that attend our events will require care over longer-periods of time. These children can benefit from having someone that takes an interest in their lives outside of a scheduled event.
We want our children to lead safe, productive lives. One of the goals of our Chai BiGz program is to provide our children with a mentor that can help them make proper decisions, socially and otherwise.
Our children are our future. If we provide opportunities for them, they will foster opportunities for generations to come. Being Rooted in our community means doing just that.
Some of our Past Events
Listed below are the events and associated activities.
- October 31, 2021 Ferrari Rides for Sick Children
- August 20, 2019 Conversation with Holocaust Survivors
- October 27, 2013 Chai Crafts: Crayon Melting Part II
- Chai Crafts 6/2013-10/2013 Summer Break
- June 9, 2013 Chai Crafts: Crayon Melt Posters
- May 19, 2013 Chai Crafts: Water Color Canvas Painting
- Apr 21, 2013 Chai Crafts: Paint Your Umbrella
- April 14, 2013 Chai Crafts: Wax Candle Workshop
- Apr 7, 2013 Chai Crafts: Design-Your-Own Puzzle
- March 17, 2013 Jackson Crafts: Make-A-Door Hanger
- Jan 20, 2013 Chai Crafts: Make-Your-Own Travel Mugs
- Jan 13, 2013 Jackson Crafts: Make-A-Bracelet
- Nov 11, 2012 Jackson Crafts: Drawing Workshop
- Oct 23, 2012 Jackson Crafts: Poster Painting
How to Help
Our events rely heavily on the assistance of people who are passionate about helping our community in any way possible. Our volunteers are diverse but share our common goals and have a strong affinity for children. If you or someone you know would like to help us by volunteering or join us in a different capacity, simply click here to send an email to our volunteering and events coordinator.